To help us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality products and services, we use information from our interactions with you and other customers, as well as from other parties. Because we respect your privacy, we have implemented procedures to ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
Information We May Receive From Users
Generally, you may browse the Website without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information at various times and places on the Website. This may include the following:
- Information you choose to share, such as photo(s), stories, names, favorite pieces of jewelry, item(s) purchased, location, name, age, gender, friends etc. We may also receive your name, email and zip code if you choose to sign up for our newsletter. If you choose to register your Tacori purchase through our authenticity registration, located at http://www.tacori.com/authenticity-registration, in addition to the above information we may receive your phone number, significant others name, birthday(s) and anniversary date.
- Information other users share about you, such as photo(s), stories, names, favorite pieces of jewelry, location, name, age, gender, friends etc.
- We may also receive other types of information from your use of the Website, such as the date and time you visit, the city and state you are located in, and log data and IP addresses.
- Third parties may provide information to TACORI, such as our advertising partners and affiliates that assist us in understanding online preferences and help develop the functionality, appeal and usefulness of the Website.
In some cases, depending on the functionality of the Website page you are interested in, you may not have the ability to fully access the contents of the Website or participate in all of its features.
How We Use the Information We Receive
How we use the information we receive will vary depending on the information and/or how the information is received.
Information that you choose to make public through the Website will be viewable by any and all users of the Website. By choosing to post publicly available material like images, stories or videos the user understands and agrees that this information can be:
- Associated with the user, such as your name, image and/or likeness.
- May be accessible through search engines and/or websites affiliated or unaffiliated with TACORI.
- Will be accessible to any and all other users of the Website.
TACORI cannot limit the audience for any material that is posted by users for public viewing. As a general rule you should assume that information you provide to enter into a contest or game sponsored by TACORI on the Website will be made available for public viewing. Please note that other users may choose to publicly share materials about you that will be subject to the same terms above. Other users control how information is shared about you.
If you do not like any information a user has shared about you through the Website please tell them or report the post to TACORI via email at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to remove the information.
We use the information we receive through the functionality of the Website from use by you and other users. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- To protect the safety and security of the Website.
- To protect TACORI and other users’ rights or property.
- To tailor our products to the user’s desire.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of our ads, including delivering relevant ads to our users.
- To send you our email newsletter and other offerings that may arise from time to time.
- To identify your product preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- To improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience.
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. This includes our content presented on other websites. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
A few examples of how TACORI may share information about you the user to third parties, includes:
- Providing the information to service providers that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with outside companies to manage a database of customer information, assist us in distributing e-mails, assist us with direct marketing, provide fraud prevention, and other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
- We may transfer or share a copy of personal information about you in the event that TACORI goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on the Website prior to a change control of your personal information, if your personal information will be used contrary to this policy.
- We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of the Website or the public.
Third Party Cookies
We may allow third-party companies to collect anonymous information when you visit the Website and to use that information to serve ads for our products or services when you visit the Website. These companies may use anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable information, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These parties may use a cookie or a third party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.
No Sharing with Third Party Vendors: We do not share you information with any third parties who may send you email solicitations.
We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting confidential information.
Protecting minor's privacy is important to us. Our Website is a general audience site. We do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 18. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 18 without their parent's consent.
People under the age of 18 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
We only send our TACORI email newsletter and promotional emails to those who have specifically requested receiving same. If you have decided that you no longer wish to receive email from TACORI, you can click on the unsubscribe link and hit send at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
When you use this Website, you are automatically agreeing that both your access to the site and your use of it are:
- Subject to all applicable laws.
- And undertaken at your own risk.
Please refer to this page frequently to review our current terms and conditions of use.
The following elements of this Website are the property of TACORI or our suppliers and are protected by United States and international copyright laws:
- All text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations -- both individually and as they are compiled on the site.
- All Tacori Jewelry.
- All software.
The trademarks or trade dress of Tacori may not be used without our written permission. Trademarks or trade dress include the Tacori name and logo, and other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and names of Tacori products, services, and programs.
You have permission to electronically copy and print hard copies of pages from this Web site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to placing an order or shopping with the Website. Unless we give you written permission in advance, any other use of this Website, its content and its information, including linking or framing to this Website, is strictly prohibited.
Errors and Inaccuracies
Our goal is to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on our Website. However, it is not possible to ensure that any Website is completely free of human or technological errors. This site may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Disclaimer of Liability
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH IT; THEY ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS. ALL INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION REGARDING DIAMOND AND OTHER STONE WEIGHTS, AND ANY RING OR JEWELRY SPECIFICATION ARE APPROXIMATE AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT ANY NOTICE. YOU AGREE THAT TACORI SHALL NOT BOUND TO ANY SPECIFICATIONS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONCERNING TACORI JEWELRY AND THAT ANY CLAIMS OR STATEMENTS ON THE WEB SITE CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE USED AGAINST TACORI.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, WE AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS OF TACORI, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES YOU OR OTHERS MAY SUFFER, AS WELL AS DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR THE LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION, EVEN IF WE ARE NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF THE POTENTIAL FOR ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
Except for information necessary to request the TACORI email newsletter, we do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information or trade secrets through this Website. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be deemed non-confidential, and by submitting it, you are granting us an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute it for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to our Website or to products purchased here shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Los Angeles, California. However, if you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of California. You consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Any arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration with respect to this Website or to products purchased here shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.